Saturday, January 30, 2010

Marathon

What we are trying to accomplish is not a sprint, but a marathon.  My excitement from those first few days when we were thinking and planning with much anticiaption about the impact these changes would make on our lives has dwindled.  I am preparing for the marathon.

We have been meeting every week since the beginning of January.  We have reduced the amount of incured bank fees.  We have reduced some of our debt, not by much but we are going in the right direction.

My weight is, on the other hand, well.  I said I would eat less.  I have, for the most part, eaten less.  I think this month I may start focusing on cutting out Diet Coke and drink all water.  I ate fast food only 4 times in January.  That is huge for me (no pun intended)!

We have begun prioritizing how we allocate our money, i.e. paying bills in the following order:  Transportation, Utilities, food and shelter then everything else.  Well that makes sense!

Our Financial Peace University class does not officially start until the 8th of February, but we have been working it consistently.

Baby step # 1 - $1,000 emergency fund, um, yeah, we already have $500 toward that $1,000s!

Look at us go!!