Saturday, March 27, 2010

Budgeting

This is the second month of official budgeting, it is not that bad.  It is so comforting to actually know where most of your money is going.  Every dime has a purpose and a name and it makes sense.  We are still trying to make the envelope system work for us, which is difficult as our weekly checks don't always allow for cashing the full amount for the month.  But for now we are working with the "electronic" envelope system.  For example, I know that last month we alloted let's say $40 for children's clothing.  So I would keep a running tab on how much I spent on kid's clothes.  This was not easy trying to get the family outfitted for Easter.  But I went to Marshall's and bought M's dress for $14.99.  Will can wear a shirt he already has, Ollie can wear pants that Will wore last year.  I bought each of them a new tie.  You can see where I am going with this. 

It just makes sense.