Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Changin' up the morning routine

I did get up before the kids.  But lately I have been getting up before the kids and coming downstairs, unshowered, and getting everything I need to get done, done.  The kids meander down the stairs at various times and when they do, I hand them their cocoa and head up the stairs.

We have been doing that model of morning routine and I kind of like it.  Mer is the only one that requires a lunch every day.  I lay all of their clothes out, then go hit the shower.  Now there is no doubt that I have had a set back this last week with a resurgence or explosion of my depression, but once I am normalized, perhaps I can try to squeeze in a few jumping jacks.  This set back has hurt, mostly my body and the resolution to take far better care of my magnificent machine.

One step at a time.

Until tomorrow, good night.